Pet Expo Rally O Trials Fe. 2nd Melbourne Showgrounds

Thanks to ALL the organizers for putting in so much time & effort!

Thanks especially to Dawn Ayton, & Noeline McIlroy, for your endless energy!

That they managed to get everything set up & ready with in that space is amazing!

The space we were allocated was small, uneven & oddly shaped.

The kids rides were, literally 3 meters from our rings & the Shetland Poiny Rides 1 meter away.

We all had fun anyway

EIGHT CLASSES/EIGHT PASSES yesterday for me!

Roxy & Violet got 8 Passes with 3 X 1st places in Excellent. B. & Advanced B.

I was rushing around so much, watching/supporting friends my & students, that I forgot to walk some of MY OWN courses & I made a few silly handler errors. The Shetland Pony backing into the ring ropes in the corner while we were doing the back up exercise , did not help our concentration either LOL

I was so tired by 6Pm that I could barely manage to drive home

I was thrilled, watching Jodie Munting & her 12 months old male Boxer, Oliver, performing absolutely beautifully, with HUGE ditractions, in Advanced . Mia, Jodie's PUG, was brilliant too & now is the 1st PUG, with an Advanced Rally O. title in OZ. Sue Collier & "Waldo" the black Mini Schnauzer , worked beautifully, scoring 98 & 95 out of 100. It was their 1st time competing in Advanced. My heart was singing just watching these guys work. "Pepper" perked up in the afternoon, as soon as we let her soak herself in cool water. "Pepper is Margaret Widelock's very old & completely deaf Portugese Water Dog . They managed a respectable Pass in EXCELLENT Rally O, & now 1 to go for EX. title.

Thanks to ALL the organizers for putting in so much time & effort!

Thanks especially to Dawn Ayton, & Noeline McIlroy, for your endless energy!

That they managed to get everything set up & ready with in that space is amazing!

The space we were allocated was small, uneven & oddly shaped.

The kids rides were, literally 3 meters from our rings & the Shetland Poiny Rides 1 meter away.

We all had fun anyway

EIGHT CLASSES/EIGHT PASSES yesterday for me!

Roxy & Violet got 8 Passes with 3 X 1st places in Excellent. B. & Advanced B.

I was rushing around so much, watching/supporting friends my & students, that I forgot to walk some of MY OWN courses & I made a few silly handler errors. The Shetland Pony backing into the ring ropes in the corner while we were doing the back up exercise , did not help our concentration either LOL

I was so tired by 6Pm that I could barely manage to drive home

I was thrilled, watching Jodie Munting & her 12 months old male Boxer, Oliver, performing absolutely beautifully, with HUGE ditractions, in Advanced . Mia, Jodie's PUG, was brilliant too & now is the 1st PUG, with an Advanced Rally O. title in OZ. Sue Collier & "Waldo" the black Mini Schnauzer , worked beautifully, scoring 98 & 95 out of 100. It was their 1st time competing in Advanced. My heart was singing just watching these guys work. "Pepper" perked up in the afternoon, as soon as we let her soak herself in cool water. "Pepper is Margaret Widelock's very old & completely deaf Portugese Water Dog . They managed a respectable Pass in EXCELLENT Rally O, & now 1 to go for EX. title.

Thanks Linda. Your support was great and needed. It was an exhausting day. I have no idea how you drove home. I was tired enough. The Shetland pony distraction was a tad testing at times. Waldo was a bit fearful of them but did well. I was especially trilled that we lost no points on any exercises that involved "fronts" (pity about the left pivots) but if we can get straight fronts then it is a wonderful improvement. I just adored watching Mia the Pug work. The prancing heeling was a delight and so focused on Jodie. As usual Roxy & Violet are an education to observe.

Thanks-but also imprtantly DO YOU HAVE PUPPIES?

No sorry, our sweetheart has not the puppies yet :(, but hopefully by tomorrow night

she is being very restless & has been the last couple of days, boobs dropped, starting to leak :D every thing has started to shift around ready to go into labor :D

Don't worry we shall announce the arrival :thumbsup:

hopefully next tme around they will organise the layout a bit better - felt for the challenging conditions described above, but having flyball right next to the cat show and bird display so that the excited barking of the dogs awaiting their turns set off the cats, the birds and the dogs in the display booths was something that could have been avoided with a bit more thought. A great weekend though, and a good chance for registered breeders to interact with the public, promote our breeds and try to counter the PeTA ethic running through so many rescue shelter groups

Well done to all that competed. There certainly were some distractions around!

I was lucky enough to gain two passed in Excellent with my Golden, just one more pass to gain his RE.

However I think my highlight of the day was being given the opportunity to work my friends two Aussie’s in Excellent. These are dogs that I have never worked before and I walked out of the ring with a score of 98 for both of them, a 1st place for Kinta and 3rd place for Leo. For them to give me the focus that they did just proved how well these two dogs are trained!