Breed Query

yarracully

A local person has advertised pups for sale. "Mother is pure Ridgeback, Father is pure English Wolfhound."

Now I heard of Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

I have heard about Irish Wolfhounds.

And I have heard of English Mastiffs.

But I can't say I have ever heard of an English Wolfhound. Even google is only throwing up Irish Wolfhounds. So I was wondering if anyone has actually heard of or seen an English Wolfhound.

They are considered your Heinz variety/mix for Pig Hunting around here if that helps?

Yeah they are here too, but they said PURE. Gotta wonder sometimes. I asked the person with the ad about this and they said thats what they were told the dog was when they got it. Pure English Wolfhound, my butt. Frankly I suppose it could be worse. They could have said Purebred pups, mother Pure Ridgeback father Pure English Wolfhound.

After all if both parents are purebred then the pups must be too. (sarcasm)

I wonder if one of the new puppy purchasers were ones that contacted me recently inquiring about a crate. They asked about appropriate crate size for an English Woof Hound :eek:

Responding to these questions is always challenging, trying to be diplomatic and all :D

I wonder if one of the new puppy purchasers were ones that contacted me recently inquiring about a crate. They asked about appropriate crate size for an English Woof Hound :eek:

Responding to these questions is always challenging, trying to be diplomatic and all :D

Dyzney I can be as diplomatic as a brick through a window when the need arises. These were advertised through a local buy, sell, swap page on facebook, so no doubt one day someone will call me an arsehole to my face then I will know who is selling these pups.