Rimadyl Chewable Dosage?

pipsqueak

Okay, before I cal the vet and embarrass myself, can anyone tell me the dosage for a 33kg dog? Vet has given 1 tablet morning and night. Only question it as I have vague memories of breaking tablets in half last time. Dog was also on antibiotics last time, so I could well be confusing the rablets or antibiotics perhaps made a difference to the dosage. Google is not being my friend atm.

SnT beat me to it - I was going to say call your vet as the dosage seems variable depending on what the purpose is and yep the tablets come in different sizes :laugh:.

Edited by ness

Call your Vet as there are two dosages depending on severity- 2mg/kg or 4mg/kg. :) also the tablets come in 3 sizes so you may well have a different size.

Thank you. Off to make that phone call. I know that I shouldn't, but I just feel like an idiot questioning them. Can anyone say low self confidence???

Okay. Phone call made and mystery solved. Spoke to the lovely vet receptionist who was able to tell me that these are in fact a smaller size. Learnt something new today... didn't know they came in different sizes! And, I frequently think vet receptionists are under-rated for the variety of questions they field.