Goodbye Gorgeous Boy

baifra

I am so sorry to hear of this awful loss. You must have felt so helpless and I totally understand your grief. I lost my boy today too, from snake bite. It is so hard, already so many tears. I will have to think about how to help our border Collie through this lonely time too. I am lucky to have my nephews dog here for a while, so Kira is not too lonely yet, but I guess Chloe is feeling the separaration too.

Di

Thanks everyone for such lovely words. Very much appreciated. It's been nearly three weeks since my boy left us.

Chloe went off her food for a few days and looked for Oakley endlessly. It was absolutely heart wrenching to watch.

We started taking her everywhere we go and introduced her to my parents Staffy Belle. They get along beautifully so we take them to the beach everyday now. Chloe loves this and has just started to spark up a bit.

Tikira.... I'm so sorry for your loss. The sadness you feel is awful I know. Take care of yourself.

Juice.... Losing another one was almost too much for me, espesically given we lost Jessie and Rusty less than a year ago. I still cry for my girls but the memories I have forever.

Huntrox.... Yes Oakley and Chloe were adopted from BDR. You have a great memory!

Edited by baifra

Baifra

It is good to hear about the things you are doing for Chloe at the moment, and that she is sparking up slightly. We still have Kira, our border Collie, but she has only spent one night in her life without Tip before now, so she too is very quiet and depressed. She has gone around his fav spots, and nudged every blanket she can find, looking for him, just like I want to do. We are planning on upping her training again, and taking more walks, and she is being spoiled, We have also "borrowed" my nephews little dog who regularly stays here for extended periods anyway, for a while, but it is still too quiet, something I know you understand too.

My heart aches for you Baifra, right now I am not sure I can stand this for another two weeks, let alone forever. Well done on surviving it for this long.....

Hugs to you

Di