Preventic Tick Collar On (hopefully) Pregnant Bitch

Delviktar

I cant find any health warnings or information on whether it is safe to use preventic tick collar on pregnant bitch. I have just taken the collar off (she may be nearly 2 weeks pregnant (I hope) and am worried this may have harmed her babies. The only mention on the label is to 'consult vet' for pregnant bitches

Is it safe to use the tick collar on pregnant bitch? Can I have harmed her or her puppies during this last 11 days since tie?

I also use interceptor which I believe is safe (not due for another week) and have been using advantix (but dose not due for another week as I use both interceptor and advantix monthly and always use the preventic tick collars.

Any advice /info appreciated. Feeling a bit sick as Ive been waiting for this litter for so long...

The only mention on the label is to 'consult vet' for pregnant bitches

:) I think you have a way of finding out - just phone your vet to be safe .They know you, your dogs, and what chemicals you use .....

Best of luck for puppies' safe arrival in due course!

I personally would not use this on a pregnant female unless under veterinary advise :)

If your using Advantix, you should not be using preventix collars, this also says it on the box I believe? and there should be no need for the use of both anyway :) one tick treatment is enough :)

This chart is great, thank you for posting. Unfortunately it says preventic not safe to use :( I feel ill. Hopefully I havent caused her harm. Collar was removed last night.

I will look for another approved treatment. We are in a bad tick area, and I use the collars year round (just a break June to mid August).

My vet knows I use preventic, advantix and interceptor. I hadnt heard not to use preventic and advantix together :(

I usually treat with advantix and interceptor monthly and the preventic collars are to cover the two weeks of the month not covered for ticks.

I have done this for years with no obvious side effects. Will check again with my vet :(

I just remembered reading recently that you can use the Advantix with the Bay-o-pet Kiltix collars, but not with the Preventic collars....it was in the Bay-o-pet flyer. Not sure on the reasons why though....

I just remembered reading recently that you can use the Advantix with the Bay-o-pet Kiltix collars, but not with the Preventic collars....it was in the Bay-o-pet flyer. Not sure on the reasons why though....

Because the Kiltix and Advantix are owned by the same company. Obviously they aren't going to recommend you use the competitors product nor are they going to test the combination of the two.

I found a paralysis tick on a lactating bitch. I got a fright, but she and the pups were fine. I didn't however put on any chemical products. I preferred to do twice daily checks rather than chance a negative side effects.

OP, Good luck with your litter.