Camera Repairs - Adelaide

piper

Anyone got any suggestions on where to take a dslr for repair/service? It is working fine but I can not get the memory card out, it comes part way out and then feels like something is "grabbing" it and won't release. The camera can still read the card so I have got my images off of it using USB transfer but would like it fixed and a clean service at the same time wouldn't hurt it.

Thanks Snook. I think I used Digicam once before for a video camera quite a few years ago so thinking I might go with them.

Any idea on if they take long or is it a fairly quick turn around? The camera works, the card works and USB transfer works and I am not keen to be without my camera for very long just at the moment due to some stuff going on. If only a day or 2 I would but any longer than that and no, it would just need to wait a while.

That is not too bad. I figure while they have it they may as well service and clean it as it is coming up to 2 years old.

With my old girl Piper on borrowed time I am just not prepared to be cameraless at the moment for more than a few days :( At the moment she is mostly good but I know that could change at any time and will regret it if I do't get some pictures of her even though I have heaps.

Twin City Cameras - they cal either fix it on site or send it away. Good luck getting ito the city though the ACC doesnt want people driving into the city these days and its a nightmare in teh afternoons.

Twin City Cameras - they cal either fix it on site or send it away. Good luck getting ito the city though the ACC doesnt want people driving into the city these days and its a nightmare in teh afternoons.

Where abouts are they Rubiton? Is that the 1 in Central Market?

Twin city camera repairs are on Grenfell street. You walk through Adelaide arcade I think (the arcade on the Hindmarsh square side of where Harris scarfe is /was) and then turn left at grenfell street - there is a big vacant gap on teh other sie of the shop that will be a budget hotel one day. Think it may come up as Twin City Camera House on the google search.

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to taking my camera in for repairs. I contacted Photographic Wholesalers and Twin City and both recommended Digicam for a Sony camera so that is where it has gone. They will prepare a written quote in the next 2 days and decide where to from there. But don't expect it to be gone much more than a week, unless they have to wait for parts.

Ended up being an expensive little trip to drop it off though as when I looked up Photographic Wholesalers online, I discovered they have Sigma 70-200 2.8 that I had just decided to get with my tax money as cheap as anywhere else online. As they are just around the corner from Digicam, I figured I better go in and have a chat. Bonus - it was $50 cheaper again. So deposit paid and they should have it in stock in time for my camera to come back from repair :)

I received the written quote in under 24 hours. Now a 10 day wait for the part to arrive. Needs a whole new SD card section which at $110 is the most expensive part of the process. Report was camera was otherwise in excellent condition. Amazing given the conditions I have taken it out in and it is not a weather sealed body.