Australian Veternary Association

Hi all, I'm not a registered breeder so am posting this here instead of the breeding section. Just wondering if the AVA hip/elbow score unregistered breeds as I have just heard that some countries vet boards will only score registered breeds.

Most likely not.

However at a conference on breeding one of the labradore X poodle breeders in NSW stated she does hip elbow scores on all her breeding stock and had been compiling the research. The breeder is actually a Vet and when asked who assessed the xrays or saw any of the stats she failed to respond to that question.

Do you mean the British one?

I know with eye testing, we have to take the KC documentiation with us or they won;t give us the results of the eye testing. I would have thought hips/elbows etc would be the same as they are all under the BVA umbrella?

Most likely not.

However at a conference on breeding one of the labradore X poodle breeders in NSW stated she does hip elbow scores on all her breeding stock and had been compiling the research. The breeder is actually a Vet and when asked who assessed the xrays or saw any of the stats she failed to respond to that question.

"Research" :laugh: