Frustration.

Thanks guys, my fault for letting it get to that stage. Because the 2 of them usually play a bit when they are on lead I thought it was ok.

We will now be doing a 3 second rule and I will pay more attention to how my boy is feeling!

He is not allowed to go and meet other dogs until he is paying attention and not straining against the lead. Maybe if they other dog is not doing the correct thing either I should refrain from a meet.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate advice and opinions :)

Nothing much to add except to say I sympathise - and have had a similar experience with my adolescent boy dog at agility training. He turns into a wild animal around the equipment as soon as another dog is using it instead of him. He is attempting to resource guard I think. So much so he is completely unable to train in that environment, and I've had to pull him out to work with him more in obedience and probably rally. We'll have to take him slowly. I'm not sure at this stage whether he'll be able to be settled at agility training when he gets older or not. No rush though.

Adolescent boy dogs!!! I haven't had one for a very long time and my only other boy was a really soft fellow. My other dogs have all been girls.

This pup is different - he can be challenging at times and is proving to be an education. But he's so lovely most of the time I am just working through his issues one by one.

But yeah, it will be nice when the adolescent boy phase is over. Let's hope I'm not still saying that 10 years from now :laugh: :laugh:

The Dog may well be assigning a greater reward value to the agility training than the interaction with another dog.

The reaction could be frustration at being prevented from getting down to training.