Boston Terrier Suddenly Gone Off His Food

As the title says, my Boston Terrier puppy, Archie, has suddenly gone off his food. We feed him Pro Plan puppy food (http://pets.purina.com.au/proplan/dog/proplanPuppySmallBreed.asp) 2 times a day, morning and night. Usually he scoffs it within a couple of minutes.

This morning, however, he sniffed it but ignored it after we'd put it in his crate. We left it in there with him for about 10 minutes but he still didn't touch it. My husband gave him a few of the biccies on his hand and he ate them, and then very gingerly ate about half of what was in the bowl. Then tonight, he didn't eat any of it. He has happily eaten little liver treats throughout the day when we've taken him outside to the toilet etc.

He has been a little growly at times today too. When my husband tried to get his untouched bowl out of his crate tonight he growled at him. So we threw liver treats into the back of his crate to distract him and then got it out.

Other than the not eating his meals and a little bit of attitude, he seems completely fine. Very odd.

So...any ideas? Should we take him to the vet tomorrow? It's so unlike him to refuse a meal!

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

Edited by katevin

As long the dogs isn't sick, withhold ALL food for 24 hours and then introduce a small amount of food.

You may find it is time to reduce the amount of food offered or even cut out breakfast.

Yes I was wondering whether he'd do better on 1 meal a day...

How is Archie now ?

He seems a little better today thanks :) I wasn't there but my husband said he ate all of his brekky. Not with his usual gusto, but he ate it all which we're happy about. Maybe he just had an off day...?