Dog Friendly Cafe - Gold Coast

Can anyone tell me of a dog friendly cafe on Gold Coast?

Am taking some friends to Dreamworld and will have 5 hours to kill with 5 dogs tomorrow - would value suggestions of places which are dog friendly.

Markets, cafes, walks,

Many thanks

Friends of my husband own Caffe Republic, in Mermaid Beach. It's in a quieter residential area, straight across the road from the beach.

I (think?) people often tether their dogs and sit at one of the outside tables. I don't think they have a website but I'll try to post a link. They are open for brekky and lunch. It maybe worth a quick phone call to see if they can reserve an outside table for you? :) Caffe Republic

I like Caffe Republic but I wouldn't call it particularly "dog friendly". There is only a narrow footpath and no designated tethering poles for dogs - just the street signs and with five dogs it would be a bit difficult. It does have a nice little beach front park opposite you could get take-away and sit there with the dogs though. You might be looking further north though if you are coming from Dreamworld and I don't know of any dog friendly places at the northern end sorry.

Thanks everyone.

I really appreciate your ideas.

We ended up going to Sanctuary Cove. It was lovely. Long wide footpaths to walk the dogs on (to entrance from carpark) approx 2km.

Then all 6 of us had lunch at Raw. Very very nice. So welcoming.

Can highly recommend it for folks with well behaved dogs.

For such a highly affluent area I was most impressed at how welcome we were.

Many thanks to the lovely people at Raw. We will be back.

Thanks Colliehound, you know more about the coast then me I have never heard of this place.

Were you the only one with dogs there or were there others as well?

Taking five dogs at once is pretty impressive, what sort of dogs do you have?

I doubt I would attempt it with my five.

Thanks Colliehound, you know more about the coast then me I have never heard of this place.

Hi Mish

I had two scotch Collies (lassie) and three greyhounds. One a big boy who just wanted to go go go go go .

Fortunately I walk multiples regularly - so kind of have a routine down pat. The Collies also help - anyone who needs a little extra training gets put between the Collies who keep them on the straight and narrow ha ha.

My three regularly do public walks and "dine out" at Cafes, so it helps influence the rest. THought I must admit it still makes me laugh when you have 4 or 5 dogs out for the count at your feet at a cafe. People walk past and say "Good god - how FAR did you walk them"? ha ha.

Raw was very good. Highly recommend. Right at the end of the dock. So a lovely view of all the expensive boats. Plus plenty of room on the end tables to let the dogs lie down.

There was several small white fluffs of one sort or another, but most very well behaved and most carried.

Hi Mish

I had two scotch Collies (lassie) and three greyhounds. One a big boy who just wanted to go go go go go .

Fortunately I walk multiples regularly - so kind of have a routine down pat. The Collies also help - anyone who needs a little extra training gets put between the Collies who keep them on the straight and narrow ha ha.

My three regularly do public walks and "dine out" at Cafes, so it helps influence the rest. THought I must admit it still makes me laugh when you have 4 or 5 dogs out for the count at your feet at a cafe. People walk past and say "Good god - how FAR did you walk them"? ha ha.

Raw was very good. Highly recommend. Right at the end of the dock. So a lovely view of all the expensive boats. Plus plenty of room on the end tables to let the dogs lie down.

There was several small white fluffs of one sort or another, but most very well behaved and most carried.

I envy you I could never try that with my lot, Oscar is not fond of other dogs and I doubt they would all sit quietly. Maybe I should start going with one or two and getting them used to it. You must defiantly look a site sitting with that many dogs.

I guess the secret is a LONGGGG walk before hand to wear them out. Sounds like I need your collies to teach a few of mine a lesson or two.

I used to walk all five of mine together on my own until I had a Kangaroo jump across the road in front of me and all hell broke loose. Now if all five go my husband comes and walks the Newfoundland.

Edited by mish13

Hi Mish

Did you take any pics Colliehound? When we have greyhound meet ups at our local beachside cafe people are always amazed at the sight of 10 or more greyhounds stretched out around the tables :)