Camping At Alstonville

Sandra777

Can someone give me any info about the camping facilities at Alstonville for the Lismore shows at the end of this month.

Price?

Power?

Showers/Toilets?

Is there tons of room, we plan on travelling on Friday am but might go Thursday pm if space is tight & get a better spot.

TIA!

Been a while since I was there but I am doing the Saturday and Sunday shows only. There was plenty of room last time I was there and facilities are ok, hot showers and toilet blocks. Pay the caretaker on arrival I can't recall if it was $10 or $20 a night

If this is Alsonville show ground you have really good toilets and showers when you first drive in plus some more toilets further in.

If its raining be well prepared for RED MUD, take gum boots and garbage bags to throw gear in when it gets muddy. If it doesn't rain then its fine. Last year it poured and everything I had was coated in red mud. Lucky I have a black dog but felt sorry for the people with white dogs. We even showed in gum boots and gave a pair to one of the judges

It can also be a bit of a walk carting gear to the ring so take a trolly for the crates if you use them. Its not easy to get power so get in early, some people set up days before especially the ones that camp in the big shed.