Leuchtie L E D Collars

Just wondering if anyone owns this brand of LED collar. Apparently they've been thoroughly tested in the Yukon and are used by snow rescue and I'm contemplating getting them for my two dogs.

They have a pretty hefty price tag -- around the $60 mark -- however, as my dogs do swimming in the dark still, much to my dismay, I'm thinking they might prove worthwhile. Thought I'd ask here and see if people use them.

Here's the Australian Leuchtie Website link if anyone wants to read up on them.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

I've got a $5 cheap as chips version and it flashes...

I found a few others that are waterproof for about $30

http://www.jsenthunting.com.au/led-glow-products.php

This one has the same lechtie light collar and you get a poo finder light and postage included...

http://www.flashdog.com.au/#!product/prd1/127045671/aqua-glo-collar

The price thingy on the Australian site you linked - didn't work for me.

Yeah for some reason the Leuchtie website doesn't link to anywhere with a price -- I was looking at buying mine through Flash Dogs but they're $64.95 :eek:

I have been looking at the Guardian Lights but I'm finding, same as the Rogz Lite, that Zeus's collar in particular spin around and the light ends up under his chin and can't be seen. I think that's why I'm in the market for a full light up collar.

I got a fully illuminated collar off eBay for $8 to test the idea out (having spent a bit of money on flashers). It's still going strong despite my old Golden's penchant for water, so I haven't needed to invest in a "better" one.

Mmmm well I got my OH to look at the product, he's an electronics engineer, owns his own business and designs products for a living.

His opinion, the parts in total are worth, oh around $1.50 !!!

What he actually said was "a monkey could put that together".

It is no where near even a quarter of what they are selling it for.

It kinda does look like clear garden hose, hey Nek!

Shapeshifter, I really wouldn't be surprised if it's only really worth about $1.50. Most of the parts are probably available from JayCar! And my brothers are pretty handy with all things electronic and would probably make one for me.