Anyone Using The Anivac Cleaning System?

I have been reading up and watching videos on using the Anivac system to bath your dog, I was just wondering how does this compare to using a hydrobath?

I have five dogs of different sizes and various coat types so was not sure if this would be any good.

This is the one I was looking at which it says was made with a Newfoundand in mind. My main interest is how well does it clean and the time factor, it currently takes me 8 hours to groom all my dogs and this is done every fortnight. Its the drying time that takes me the longest and I use an Oldfield dryer.

http://horseandhound.net.au/shop/anivac-proheat-bathing-system-ex-demo-systems/

Edited by mish13

I made enquiries about these systems some time ago. The lady I asked had Sibes and even she said I would still need to hand wash faces, feet, ears etc. I just don't see how this system could wash extremities and scrub good under eyes and butt scrub under tails etc. I didn't follow through with the idea.

I made enquiries about these systems some time ago. The lady I asked had Sibes and even she said I would still need to hand wash faces, feet, ears etc. I just don't see how this system could wash extremities and scrub good under eyes and butt scrub under tails etc. I didn't follow through with the idea.

Thank you, I think it sounds like a Hydro bath is still the best way to go

I am not going to be much help but I remember when they first came out. The purchase price (from memory) is quite a lot, they do sound good in theory though. I don't know of any groomers who have one. I am sure some do but Ive not ever seen one mentioned on various grooming forums.

Re washing your dogs, could you try a wash free shampoo type product on the big hairy ones heads etc to stretch it out to 3-4 weeks? Also I find blasting mine weekly with the Oldfields helps keep them cleaner for longer, no bath, just blasting. Orindairly I'd say just hook up a hot and cold tap but with your bigguns and their coat type a hydrobath will work well.

I am not going to be much help but I remember when they first came out. The purchase price (from memory) is quite a lot, they do sound good in theory though. I don't know of any groomers who have one. I am sure some do but Ive not ever seen one mentioned on various grooming forums.

Re washing your dogs, could you try a wash free shampoo type product on the big hairy ones heads etc to stretch it out to 3-4 weeks? Also I find blasting mine weekly with the Oldfields helps keep them cleaner for longer, no bath, just blasting. Orindairly I'd say just hook up a hot and cold tap but with your bigguns and their coat type a hydrobath will work well.

I already have a hydrobath with plumbed hot water beside it, its pretty old now so was looking at what to buy next. I show the Newfoundland so when we are showing he gets bathed every week. All the other dogs get done once every two weeks.

The one in my link is reduced quite a bit and they say it was made for Newfoundlands. I thought someone would be using it but I guess price does make it out of most peoples reach.

I dont know if its the cost which is prohibitive to groomers, more the pet owner - other clipping/bathing systems are getting up there too. Like someone else mentioned I like the idea of getting my hands in and really sudsing the dog, I do remember there was something which really put me off when I looked at it but as Im not familiar wiith it anymore, I cant remember what it was :o

Re your Newfy. That sucks, :laugh: My large Maremma with a ridiculously huge coat takes me 2 hours to groom so I dont do it that often! I remember when having Saints what a trial it was though, you have my sympathies. Hopefully you will find a speedier solution.

Just went to your link and wow, yep that is a good price. Have your priced the product you need to use with it? See if there is a distributor near you, or someone who owns one, and if you can go and trial it. The Head office was in Terrey Hills, Sydney and you could go along and give it a crack, perhaps she might be able to put you on to someone in QLD who can show you hands on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no experience with this system but was wondering what your process is when you wash all the dogs?

Have you tried washing one, putting it in a crate with a box fan positioned to blow on the dog, wash the next, box fan it, continue with the others until they are all washed and then start drying (poodles first due to the curly coat). The box fan ($20 from Bunnings, Kmart etc) circulates the air but given its got no heat there is no danger of the dogs over heating. It can cut drying time down a fair bit. That's if normally you wash one, dry it, wash the next, dry it etc etc.

I have no experience with this system but was wondering what your process is when you wash all the dogs?

Have you tried washing one, putting it in a crate with a box fan positioned to blow on the dog, wash the next, box fan it, continue with the others until they are all washed and then start drying (poodles first due to the curly coat). The box fan ($20 from Bunnings, Kmart etc) circulates the air but given its got no heat there is no danger of the dogs over heating. It can cut drying time down a fair bit. That's if normally you wash one, dry it, wash the next, dry it etc etc.

Thank you for your suggestion, I bath the Newfoundland first, then the poodles and last the Jack Russell. I blow dry him first because he is quick then the toy poodle, two standards then the Newf. I do have one of those fans so will give that a go, I also put what is called a Towel Tog on the Newf and it dries him off quite a bit.

I never bath then dry individually it would take me way to long.

I did forget I brought the towel tog so have only just started using it, it has cut his drying time in half. :thumbsup:

Is that like a car shammy? Car shammies work great at sucking water out of the coat too. They just need a really good wash before you use them on the dogs.

I really dont envy your bathing job!