Looking For A Non-shedding/low Shedding Smallish Dog

I have had an acquaintance contact me that is looking for a small non or low shedding dog, she only works part time and has an 11 year old daughter. She doesn't want a pup, is looking for a dog from 1 to about 3 to 5 years of age. Over anxious puppies need not apply please, generally calm and happy disposition is whats needed for her particular situation. Living in Canberra, dog will be sleeping inside, have inside/outside access. Back yard has lots of shaded areas and secure fencing.

Loving home with lots of cuddles guaranteed.

She has made contact with a couple of rescue groups in recent months and has been told by one that unless she is prepared to adopt 2 animals, she wouldn't be considered, another didn't reply to her enquiry.

Does anyone have a furry that would fit this bill please??

I don't want to put a 'downer' on these nice people's wish to own a dog. But the sub-heading says 'allergy sufferer'.

The trigger for allergies is not simply due to the dog's hair, but is associated with the 'dander' .... which is the flakes of dead skin.

'Dander' is shed, no matter if the fur is long or short.

The concern about allergies needs to be looked at further ... there's good info here:

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/dog-allergies

Edited by mita

Good point, I know that she is an allergy sufferer but don't think that its specific to dogs, she has had dogs before but quite some time ago, so I would assume that she is just trying to be cautious about the breed. Will again pass the info on though thanks and will also check out CPR site as well.