Testicles

Waggy

I have a young male pup I hope to show ( 14 weeks old) but I am unsure if his testicles are fully descended. Vet says they are there but not descended yet, is it too early to presume he will have a permanent problem? Is there something I can do to help or do I hope nature takes its course? Any advice would be appreciated. .

Maybe ask your breeder as to what age they usually descend in your breed or their particular lines?

I was told they don't have to be descended for the Baby Puppy class (3-6 months) but by the time he's 6 months old they must both be down for you to continue to show him. My boy had both of his when I got him at 10 weeks so I haven't had to worry.

Good luck I'm sure others will give more advice!

I have a young male pup I hope to show ( 14 weeks old) but I am unsure if his testicles are fully descended. Vet says they are there but not descended yet, is it too early to presume he will have a permanent problem? Is there something I can do to help or do I hope nature takes its course? Any advice would be appreciated. .

Yep, too early to assume they won't descend but you're not out of the woods either.

I won't take home a pup as a show prospect without "two in the bag".

What breed? Testicle issues are more common in some breeds than others.