Puppy Sitting In The Ring

He all,

I have a ST puppy who is 16weeks. She had her first 2 shows on the weekend.

I am having dufficulty being successful with gaining a good steady stand with her. On approaching the judge she will go into a sit, along with when free standing, she will only hold it for seconds.

Would appreciate some feed back please.

He all,

I have a ST puppy who is 16weeks. She had her first 2 shows on the weekend.

I am having dufficulty being successful with gaining a good steady stand with her. On approaching the judge she will go into a sit, along with when free standing, she will only hold it for seconds.

Would appreciate some feed back please.

She must be super cute ... and she is only a baby, so quite a bit is forgiven :) . However .. I would be just taking it little by little, building up the time whe will stand steady, and heavily rewarding her for that. Make sure your hand with the reward is down at her head level - otherwise she will be lifting her head to look at you and/or the reward, and that will cause her to sit.

You could also gently support her while people are going over her - again heavily rewarding her for remaining standing - even with help.

You could try posting this in the Show forum ... some of us here in the training forum do show as well, but most of us are performance people.

Oh - and your breeder may have some good ideas - or there may be some puppy show training classes available near you.