Wanted: Video Footage

Hi guys,

I'm putting together an awareness and fundraising video for a local rescue group and I'm after some help!

They are a very small organisation and don't currently have any video footage of visits to the pounds.

I'm wondering if anyone here has non copyrighted, legally taken video footage of dogs/cats in cages etc from pounds that rescues work in, that they wouldn't mind if I used it in my video?

Even just 10 seconds of walking past the animals in cages. I just want to add it to my video if possible to give some perspective on what rescue organisations do.

I'm not even sure if filming in pounds is allowed, so if it's not then please disregard!! I'm totally new to all this. But I don't want to just steal someone's footage from youtube etc, I'd like to have permission to use whatever footage we use.

I hope all that makes sense!

Can anyone please help me out?

:thanks:

Edited by Baby Dragon

Have you tried approaching any of the pounds or shelters in your area and asking them if you could make your own piece of footage? I'm sure if you explain it to them, and give them the last say on what footage you can use, they might be amenable...

T.

Thank you!! That's a good option!

I guess I'm just being impatient and want the footage NOW so I can put the video together over the next few days lol the fundraising is this weekend so there's not heaps of time.

Also, if I go to the pound, I might cry!

So I thought if anyone had 10 seconds of video ready to go that was taken with permission, that they wouldn't mind letting me use that would just be easier.

If not, that's cool! I have heaps of photos I have permission to use :)

The only problem with sharing footage from pounds is not having any control over how it may be used by a third party. I'm not saying that you'd present it badly, but that's going to be the "issue" with getting footage from others.

It can be very hard to get a good relationship going with some places, and if they got wind of footage being shared around and out of their control, the relationship could be soured for ALL rescue with that pound.

Maybe contact mita here on DOL, she may be able to point you to someone at QLD AWL who may be able to shoot you some shelter footage... they are really good there.

T.