Rescue Notes Are They Copyrighted

I often browse through the urgent list and while it varies some of the photos and notes are so well done. :D

Are they copyrighted? Ive noticed they are used by rescue group on both their pet rescue account and facebook page . EVEN though it wasn"t them who did the profile

but they had the dog released and its now in their care......For me while it may have been ok at first I would have thought whoever then has the dog they would have to make their own notes and photos ?

Ive often seen a dog I felt I would like to promote but wasn"t sure if I could using their notes posted here provide a link to the pound or write my own plug ?

I guess the obvious answer would be to contact them directly but just in case someone else was unsure I thought Id ask openly ..... :)

The notes should follow the photo, including due dates, impound number, impound description and pound contact details etc.

I'm not sure about why people use them on pet rescue unless they haven't actually met the dog or haven't had time to write their own yet. For example the dog could have gone to boarding or the rescue is still waiting for an update from the carer.

One old trick was list a dog on pet rescue with the temp notes (which are not meant in most cases to be a reliable adoption assessment, they're more like notes for rescuers) and get a taker for the dog before you pick it up from the pound.

Not sure if people do that anymore, but it's a risk. You may notice some temp testers put a disclaimer to their work for this reason. So as much as temp testers have to be relied upon, and accurate notes are valuable, it's assumed that rescuers assess the dog themselves once it's in care and has settled a bit.

Pound notes are an indication of how the animal is within it's current confined environment, how it presents at a particular point in time, and how it reacts with a particular person (i.e. the person doing the assessment). It is used as an initial guide by seasoned rescuers, but as Powerlegs said above it is NOT to be used as a reliable adoption assessment. I find it concerning that people are transcribing these pound notes into an adoption profile listing. Once in care animals settle, reveal more of their personality, what will suit their needs longterm etc... the good and the bad.

To answer the specific question, so long as the notes remain intact with no selective editing (and perhaps a notation made that they are in pound observations) then they can be used extremely temporarily at a pinch. Having said that I'd be very reluctant to adopt from a rescue who does not take the time to get to know their charges more before putting them up for adoption, and relying on the pound notes solely to market them.

Pound notes are an indication of how the animal is within it's current confined environment, how it presents at a particular point in time, and how it reacts with a particular person (i.e. the person doing the assessment). It is used as an initial guide by seasoned rescuers, but as Powerlegs said above it is NOT to be used as a reliable adoption assessment. I find it concerning that people are transcribing these pound notes into an adoption profile listing. Once in care animals settle, reveal more of their personality, what will suit their needs longterm etc... the good and the bad.

To answer the specific question, so long as the notes remain intact with no selective editing (and perhaps a notation made that they are in pound observations) then they can be used extremely temporarily at a pinch. Having said that I'd be very reluctant to adopt from a rescue who does not take the time to get to know their charges more before putting them up for adoption, and relying on the pound notes solely to market them.

Exactly Ive noticed one group use the pound photo on pet rescue for a long time and nots are used on their FB page They have done it for a very long time and are heavy uses of kennels which dare I say gets me rather upset .It can take some time to get to know a pound dog out of the pound enviroment and longer if they are solely in kennels .I OFTEN thought ""well the dog is in care why keep using their pound photo?""

In this case I don"t think being busy is any form of excuse as SURELY they would be spending time with the dog so a photo op would be part and parcel --To me anyway ....

For any link Ive ever used to promote awareness for a dog I always add that I have never personally met the dog and to always check for themselves . Thankyou for the help I know now I can use the notes/photos if needed and I will always highlight your suggestions :D