Rabbit Meat Supplier In Sa?

Red Fox

Looking for anywhere in SA that can supply whole rabbits in bulk at a reasonable price. Or even interstate if they can transport.

So far the only place that I have found is in the Central Markets. However they only half rabbits available at this time and sell at a very high price...

One of my dogs is halfway into an elimination diet and our local supplier will not be able to source any more for us. I now need to find something within the next two weeks before we run out.

Paying someone to go out hunting is also an option, though I have been led to believe that numbers are down in our area at the moment so it would be preferable to find a reliable butcher/supplier for the time being.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Its a long shot but I know that the butcher here in Mannum often sells whole rabbits. Maybe look them up. It can't hurt to ask where they get them from. Males Meats Pty Ltd.

PS I believe they are open on Sunday mornings.

Also there is Westridge Rabbits at Sanderston

Edited by skyefool

Its a long shot but I know that the butcher here in Mannum often sells whole rabbits. Maybe look them up. It can't hurt to ask where they get them from. Males Meats Pty Ltd.

PS I believe they are open on Sunday mornings.

Also there is Westridge Rabbits at Sanderston

Thank you. I'll give them both a call next week. If you have any contact details could you please PM them to me?

Gawler River Cattle Co had some in the freezer the other day, they are usually very cheap, especially if you buy in bulk! Maybe give them a call?

Thanks, will give them a call also. I had actually emailed them last week along with a few others but did not receive a response.

How much is rabbit going for at the moment? My butcher only sells it for around $15/kg which is way too much for dog food... I'd actually prefer the whole thing, fur and everything so if anyone knows where I could get entire rabbits hit me up!