Exporting Puppies To Non Rabies Countries

Missymoo

OK Ive never heard of it before but thought Id ask here,

A friend is being asked to export a pup to a non rabies country where even on government website its even states Australia as one of the countries that allows pups to travel with passenger (not via freight as usual). Meaning the person comes pics up pup from the home and takes straight to airport, does a vet check etc and then is loaded for a straight through flight where is it met by the owner off the same plane on the other end.

That does sound good, but she and I have never heard of this happening??? I believe its one of the Nordic countries pup is heading too....

Ive been googling for all Im worth but am coming up with the same answers she is, I dont think its possible..

Anyone?

I use Debbie at Scandi Pets, I am sure she would answer any questions for you.

Bringing your dog to Norway from a non-EU country: Requirements for pet travel are slightly stricter. Like travelers from the EU, you should also get your dog a pet passport if at all possible or have your vet complete the Veterinary Certificate (.doc).

In addition, you will also need a Third Country Certificate available from the EU Food Safety Department or the Norwegian Department of Agriculture.

Taking your dog to Norway from a non-EU country requires the dog (or cat) to be vaccinated for rabies, antibody-tested by an EU-approved lab, and be treated for tapeworm before traveling to Norway.

You must notify the Norwegian District Office about the time and place of arrival at least 48 hours prior

Yes they can come straight off the other end in some countries. But as far as I know they have to be a minimum of 12 weeks old to leave Australia.

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/export/live-animals/companion

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

OK Ive never heard of it before but thought Id ask here,

A friend is being asked to export a pup to a non rabies country where even on government website its even states Australia as one of the countries that allows pups to travel with passenger (not via freight as usual). Meaning the person comes pics up pup from the home and takes straight to airport, does a vet check etc and then is loaded for a straight through flight where is it met by the owner off the same plane on the other end.

That does sound good, but she and I have never heard of this happening??? I believe its one of the Nordic countries pup is heading too....

Ive been googling for all Im worth but am coming up with the same answers she is, I dont think its possible..

Anyone?

You cannot take a pup out of the country without an export certificate from DAFF. Depending on the country it is going to I can tell you the requirements. But as a minimum it is a vet check within the 3 days prior to travel and vaccinations done. Health check must be done by a DAFF accredited vet and then export paperwork picked up from DAFF.