New Canine Cancer Website

I have requested the permission of Troy prior to posting this message.

A new canince cancer website launched on the 3rd October. The purpose of the site is to provide information on canine cancer in a way that is more understandable to owners. My own dog survived histiocytic sarcoma four years ago and since that time I have learned a lot on the topic which I wanted to pass on in the hope of saving other dogs. I also found it hard to research the topic when I was looking for info. Sites so medical you couldnt understand them; going to sites and then having to hunt the entire site and often still not finding what you are looking for. Diligence prompt action and a fantastic oncologist is why I still have Frodo.

All the material has been checked for accuracy by Australian oncologists and the name of the oncologist who checked it is alongside each article. There is a must see video for all dog owners which shows the correct way to check your dogs for tumours so you are more likely to find them http://caninecancer.org.au/checkingforlumps.html There are research components so owners can get involved. The Uk Research is one ALL of us can do if we have a dog that fits the criteria and breed they are looking for. Thhe cancer types are handled by body parts and you can see how many different types of cancer can affect each body part. More detailed information on the most common ones is available in an easy to understand manner with links at the bottom of those articles to direct links on the type of cancer from reputable medical sites. No more hunting sites for the main ones we cover.

The web address is www.caninecancer.org.au

The FB page is Caninecancerorgau https://www.facebook.com/pages/Caninecancerorgau/244099682407239 and if you like it there you will get feeds to the ongoing updates that will be provided on the site.

I hope you will all take the time to review the site and that everyone finds it informative and useful when researching cancer. Please read Frodos story to find out his circumstances. Had he not had pathology done he would not be with me. If you think the site will help others please forward the link to your friends.

I am also collecting photos of dogs (of a similar standard to what is there) is people want to submit them to me. Please seek permission of the photographer if it is not your own photo.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this

Kindest regards

Lisa

Edited by smiley4444

Thanks. It works now. :)

Typo:;

If your vet removes a tumour from you dog, it should always be sent to the laboratory for testing. A good vet will always advise you this needs to be done to ensure that it is not cancerous.

Edited by ~Anne~

I hope many owners will learn from it and hopefully save some lives just because people are more aware. Please forward the link and fb addy to as many people you think might benefit from the material. We are lucky to have the oncologists making themselves available for cancer questions on the forum as well.