How Do You Decide Which Breed To Get

Chicken

Always exciting getting another dog :) Another rotti is a great choice.

Please keep in mind that even a puppy Rotti should not be run unattended with an adult Rotti until at least 7 months of age either. It would be strongly recommended you segregate them within your yard or keep Abby inside when you are out. Rottis play rough and youngsters can get injured very easily. They injure themselves playing alone, let alone when running with an adult, even if the adult has all the very best intentions and is very gentle.

And even if Abby is well past playing, the baby will endeavour to instigate play and annoy the crap out of her til she ticks him off... which is probably fine and all par for the course, but you need to be there to supervise these moments. Ears can get pierced easily, shoulders jarred, elbows knocked, tails broken, eyes ulcerated, toes sprung, all sorts of things can go wrong.

We slowly introduce running together supervised from day 1.

We slowly integrate running together unsupervised from around 7 months and wouldn't leave for more than 2 hrs at a time until around 9-12 months of age depending upon the carefully studied dynamics.

Best wishes with your new puppy.

I wouldn't be concerned about boxer play styles. Mine play with other boxers, and with a style that suits cockers and they leave the Cavs alone unless one wants to play and the play style suits the Cav.

Frencies would be easier and smaller - boxers are more active than rotties

I have thought about a rescue, and am still considering a cross breed that is at my local pound.

Dyzney, they absolutely wouldn't be alone together til an age where I was comfortable with that, probably 12 months.

Jed, I would still love a boxer, and am honestly still considering it. I think I will start contacting breeders for all the breeds I like and then see who I click with, I already know who I would get my rottie from if I went that way.