December Kepala!

Snout Girl

Thanks guys! Really hope you all have a great time tomorrow, weather looks awesome!

Didn't really find much more out at the vet this arvo, will re-visit Tuesday week, after a course of ABs and anti inflamms, and re-assess. So far he thinks it could be skeletal or muscular, but definitely something not right with her lower back area. She's sensitive to touch there now, and her nerves seem to spasm a little when he probed certain spots. However, she is quite happy, comfortable and nearly as active as normal this arvo/evening, so I'm at least comforted by that for now. Just a bit of a shock to think our reliably healthy and fit little girl (compared to Tika, poor old possum), may not be as well as we thought.

Thanks again, and I'll try to remember to keep you posted.

p.s would love to see pics in the photo thread tomorrow afternoon ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no Pip, I hope Dakota will be ok..

Just came on to add myself and Buffy for Kepala tomorrow, and read your posts. Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious, and hopefully see you at Kepala next time.

I'll be bringing Buffy Sunday morning, but will probably leave before lunch. Sorry for the late notice, but look forward to seeing you guys there.

Thanks guys! Really hope you all have a great time tomorrow, weather looks awesome!

Didn't really find much more out at the vet this arvo, will re-visit Tuesday week, after a course of ABs and anti inflamms, and re-assess. So far he thinks it could be skeletal or muscular, but definitely something not right with her lower back area. She's sensitive to touch there now, and her nerves seem to spasm a little when he probed certain spots. However, she is quite happy, comfortable and nearly as active as normal this arvo/evening, so I'm at least comforted by that for now. Just a bit of a shock to think our reliably healthy and fit little girl (compared to Tika, poor old possum), may not be as well as we thought.

Thanks again, and I'll try to remember to keep you posted.

p.s would love to see pics in the photo thread tomorrow afternoon ;)

Just saw all of this Carissa , I hope your fur kids get well and it turns out to be something very minor :)

Have a Great Xmas and New year OK :xmascheer::xmashohoho::xmaslights::xmasmerrychristmas: love Julie, Josh , Misha, Milo, Simba and Blaze :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by misha&milo

I've packed the camera. And I sure hope my doggy Kris Kringle doesn't mind appalling wrapping. Very hard to wrap anything doggie with a 30kg black demon hanging over you longingly!

Also best wishes to Dakota, Carissa! The mystery bugs are the worst!

List of dogs

Snout Girl- Bert, Sally, Bruce

StephM - Rosie and Gus (might ask around and see if anyone else is in)

Leah82 - Collie and Sarah

Malcolmus-Shakur

deadsheep - Bronson, Cassie, Dolly, Hannibal

Snout Girl Friend: Amber

Gertrude139 - no dogs this time, maybe next time 

List of foodSnout Girl- vegie option, some kind of salad, hamburgers, tomato sauce, plates, cups, cutlery, bbq utensils

StephM - Potato salad and Soft Drinks of some description. 

Leah82 - Leafy Salad and Sausages 

Malcolmus-potato chips + soft drink

deadsheep - minute steaks, bread/rolls and butter

Snout Girl Friend: vegie stuff for bbq

Gertrude139 - orange juice, cake, sweet treats, peanut butter cups - unless anyone has a peanut allergy??

Cant wait 4 2day! C u all soon :-D

thankyou all (dogs and people) for such a great day out today. All the dogs had such an amazing time. Also special thanks to everyone who was so patient and loving with Dolly. She's never been around so many people or dogs before let alone played musical laps like that. I think it was a very positive day for her. Can't wait to do it again next month!

also shoutouts to the chef, you did a great job with the meats and whoever made the potato salad, you are a god amongst mortals :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone, and Julie for the special Xmas message. Same to you from all of us at the snowy household! xoxo

Kerropiyo- so disappointed I missed catching up with you and Buffy, it's been too long, but I'm glad it looks like Buffy had a fun romp around with some new and old friends!

So glad everyone had a great time today, lovely to read the positive feed-back, and I really hope Dakota and I can join in again VERY soon! :D

thanks everyone for a great day! us and the dogs had a blast :)

We just got home from a bbq at the inlaws now so I'll be sleeping well tonight :sleep:

we had a quick look at a few of the GoPro videos, should be able to put something good together, and you never know it might encourage a few more people to come next time

leah and steph: great to meet you guys and your broad of crazies- all lovely dogs and I think Rosie has found a new partner in crime in Amber!

Dead Sheep- I wanted to take Dolly home! There is just something about her that makes you want to put her up and cuddle her!

Pip: we missed you today, glad to hear that dakota is on the mend, fingers crossed you can join us next month!

to everyone, we had a great turn out of 14 dogs today and we all had a lovely time. We are booked in for the 2nd sunday of each month in 2014 so fingers crossed this is the resurrection of kepala. thanks so much everyone for making it an enjoyable day!

ps: i want to see photos from those who took them! cant wait!