Is There A Way To Search Petrescue Using Breed?

kelpiecuddles

OK I've looked but I can't find it. Is there a way you can put in a breed or even just a keyword to narrow down the search on petrescue? I get frustrating looking through the site because I don't have time to sit and look through 36 pages of dogs on the off chance I'll find one that's the breed or X of that I'm interested in finding.

It is deliberately omitted as a PetRescue search feature because the designers want people to trawl through other pets in the species/size/age/area categories that they have selected. A lot of first time dog owners would put in their chosen breed and not look any further, thus missing the opportunity to consider the 95% of pets on PetRescue that are not purebred.

Also because some breeds are not well known, they can be advertised as a mix and you would not see those. I've seen pure Griffons advertised as pug crosses and pure Tibetan Spaniels advertised as Pekinese crosses, and pure standard schnauzers advertised as poodle crosses.

I'm sure other have seen other examples of purebreds being advertised by rescue as some sort of cross, simply because they were not aware of the breed, or didn't realise it came in that variety.

I had the same issue but spent hours looking thru Petrescue. But the explanation why they don't allow breed specification did make sense as people often see a dog they love which is different from what they expected to like.

I did find two siblings in Newcastle I loved but the rescue group would not rehome out of Newcastle. Even when I offered to have a local rescue group vouch ? for me. Very disappointed.

I went to working dog rescue as well as they had the breed of dog I was interested in. I did look at the RSPCA and they do let you put in the breed however you are dealing with a pound and don't have the added benefit of buying from a rescue group with the dog in foster care.

Good luck looking. Wish I was looking but three is my (current) limit. :)