Lure Coursing This Weekend?

Any chance of seeing some DOL-ers and DOL-dogs there?

We’re trying Rosie out, she’s in full nutbag mode this week. Might take Gus for a laugh, doubt he’d be much of a participant though sadly!

Hi all

Weather permitting, our next Lure Coursing date is Sun 17th Nov at KCC Park from 12-3pm(depending on numbers).

We expect to be back in the fully fenced off lead area. Sorry for the late notice.

Hope to see you all there.

In case of extreme weather conditions(inclement or above 32C) lure coursing will not be run.

Stuart

Due to VCA insurance requirements, we would like to advise

that:

a) If you are a VCA Member, you need to bring your current membership card

to show as proof of membership, or

b) If you are a current member of a dog/obedience club that has already

charged you the VCA fee as part of your current membership costs, you need

to bring your current membership card of that club to show as proof of

membership, or

c) If you are not a VCA Member, or you do not bring your current VCA

membership card, you will be asked to pay a $7.50pp or $15 family fee to be covered as a VCA

Companion Member before being able to participate (Note: This fee is an

annual fee that covers you for subsequent events for the year

• 3 months later...

I saw some people running what I assume was Lure Coursing on Saturday. I was wondering is it a sport where you can earn titles? And if so how is that done?

There was the most gorgeous little dog that ran, I'm guessing it was old (maybe), it was only half way down the course when the other dogs had finished, but it was running as hard as it could and obviously having a wonderful time!!! Super cute!!!

Oh wait. I could be wrong (and likely am!)

Found this on the qld lure coursing assoc site

"In an official Lure Field Trial, the dogs are released on the Huntsmaster's call of "Tally Ho" and they follow the lure around the course. Each dog is scored on it's enthusiasm, follow, agility, speed and endurance. After the scores are totalled a the end of the day (each dog is run twice) prizes are awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd dog in each breed, with the overall winner of the day getting special recognition. These points allotted go towards the title of Field Champion and for those dogs that already have that title, the title of Lure Courser of Merit."

Sourced from here http://www.qldlurecoursing.com/whatis.php

You learn something every day!