Fish Based Grain Free Foods

LisaCC

I noticed PB have special on at the moment for the Wellness CORE Grain Free and thought it might be worth a try, Beau normally gets BARF lamb patties (not cheap but handy) or if I have the time a RAW meal with meat, bones & offal. Thought it might be worth trying something different, has anyone had experience with these?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just noticed this thread, I just bought a bag of blackhawk fish and potato as our cocker has had dry sensitive skin recently.

Anyone with experience with it? He's on the chicken and rice at the moment but the bag is nearly finished.

Also I've found the best way to get a dog to stop being fussy is to get another dog :p Collie used to be pretty fussy about dry food and leave most of his biscuits but since getting Sarah (despite them being separated while eating) everything goes down pretty quickly

Edit: I've also added coconut oil to his diet in the last week or so.

I got my mum on to this, after years of feeding supermarket branded food. She's commented that the dog's coats are shinier :) they weren't having any issues with food, but wanted to get them onto something better.

Either way, with the fish or the oil, you're going to have shiny dogs I think!!!

Lisa: some of the bags used to/ or still have a diagram on the back where some had all the languages of the world... I mainly noticed this from when I stocktake and there are always a couple of pesky bags that have their barcode on the back instead of the side. So it may be that they are bringing them all into line with each other. I would have to see the bag to confirm but this sounds like it!

I noticed PB have special on at the moment for the Wellness CORE Grain Free and thought it might be worth a try, Beau normally gets BARF lamb patties (not cheap but handy) or if I have the time a RAW meal with meat, bones & offal. Thought it might be worth trying something different, has anyone had experience with these?

Twisties my last dog was on the Senior Wellness and it was the only food he could digest so I call that a success!

If Nova doesn't do well on the Earthborn I will be giving their new Grain Free versions a try.

Thank Dotdashdot. I'll have a look at the packs tomorrow when I go down and see if they say anything different on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Lamb has failed the taste test. He's only just eaten his dinner now after refusing breakfast and both of yesterdays meals.

Going back to trade for the fish tomorrow. I've been told the bag that made him have runny poops was the old packaging and everything they have in stock now is the bags we normally buy, so hopefully it will be fine.