Titre Testing Prices In Western Sydney

dancinbcs

I am looking for the best price for titre testing, mainly for parvo, in western Sydney. My vets don't do much of it and quoted somewhere around $250. I know it will be a lot more expensive than just giving a $28 C3 but I have a dog I would rather not vaccinate again so would prefer to titre test if I can find somewhere to do it at a more reasonable price.

I am looking for the best price for titre testing, mainly for parvo, in western Sydney. My vets don't do much of it and quoted somewhere around $250. I know it will be a lot more expensive than just giving a $28 C3 but I have a dog I would rather not vaccinate again so would prefer to titre test if I can find somewhere to do it at a more reasonable price.

Sorry - I'm not much help on prices down your way, but will just comment that it is important you know and are comfortable with how the tests are done.

I have one vet who uses an in house kit test which returns a 5 point scale type result. Cost is about $70 (or it was last time we used that vet.)

The vet we use now sends the bloods off to a full lab and the results are more comprehensive. Cost - significantly more. (I tend to close my eyes and not think about it.)

I know that there have been variations between the two methods for some people. Just worth asking the question so you know what you are getting.

Sorry - I'm not much help on prices down your way, but will just comment that it is important you know and are comfortable with how the tests are done.

I have one vet who uses an in house kit test which returns a 5 point scale type result. Cost is about $70 (or it was last time we used that vet.)

The vet we use now sends the bloods off to a full lab and the results are more comprehensive. Cost - significantly more. (I tend to close my eyes and not think about it.)

I know that there have been variations between the two methods for some people. Just worth asking the question so you know what you are getting.

Thanks for the info but I would probably be happy with an in house result as this is for a 10 year old who was vaccinated every year for his first 7 years. He is very unlikely to need re-vaccinating at this point but I just want to be sure with the parvo. My vet doesn't do them in house, hence the cost to send it to the lab, I think in Perth. With younger dogs who have only had the one year booster after the puppy shots, more detailed results would probably be wiser.

Stepping outside Western Sydney (you won't catch anything, I promise!), but try All Natural Vet Care at Russell Lea, not sure of the price but since they regularly titre test they probably have more reasonable prices than those that don't often do it.

Off the top of my head I think our price for parvo / distemper is about $125, parvo only about $100. I haven't run one for a while so would need to double check but PM me if that is useful :)

Thanks. Have sent you a PM.

Edited by dancinbcs

Stepping outside Western Sydney (you won't catch anything, I promise!), but try All Natural Vet Care at Russell Lea, not sure of the price but since they regularly titre test they probably have more reasonable prices than those that don't often do it.

I am limited in how far I can drive due to a chronic neck injury and need to stay away from heavy traffic and areas I don't know as having to turn my head a lot gives me dizzy spells. So I stick to the outer areas without multi lane traffic whenever possible.