New Puppy

Pinchy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is so adorable!!! He was fine in the car, about an hour with us and three with the breeder so a fairly big trip for the little dude but he took it all in.

He has spent most of the day sleeping here with me looking at him and pretending to work. The kids were here for a bit after we picked him up and they are in love!!

I took him out a while ago when he woke up and he peed on the concrete near the door so that was pretty good (except he just stood in it LMAO)!

He's nibbling and drinking and snoozing so all in all a nice first day.

Now I'm just thinking how secure his pen is! I might swap the cable ties for the metal clips and have a look at a taller and better 'fence'. I can't have him escape here, it's different to being at home.

He is clear by parentage but I don't have copies of the tests. Is that something I need?

If they didn't give you copies of the DNA certificates, they should at least have had them there to show you. Now 7 years on from when DNA testing started, some dogs are clear by parentage going back several generations so it can be a lot of certificates to prove a litter is clear from grand or great grandparents being tested but the breeder should have copies of all of them for their own information. Maybe ask them to email them just for your own piece of mind. Same for the hip and elbow scoring certificates for both parents who should have been x-rayed and scored before breeding. If you aren't going to breed you don't need copies of the test results but you are certainly entitled to see them to prove that your puppy is from health tested parents.

Lovely to hear that he travelled well and is settling in nicely. They are a pretty adaptable breed. A puppy pen like this one would be the best if you can get hold of one from somewhere. Check out all the deals online for them.

Puppy Pen