How To Train Your Dog To Drop!

lovemesideways

Great video Jen :) and very cute puppy.

Unfortunately conventional methods didn't work with my rescue puppy (7 yr old puppy) :p I finally got her to drop by dropping myself in front of her, now she's a pro

rofl1.gif I'm sorry but all I'm imagining is a lady doing push ups and a dog looking at her strangely and then copying!!

Unfortunately conventional methods didn't work with my rescue puppy (7 yr old puppy) :p I finally got her to drop by dropping myself in front of her, now she's a pro

rofl1.gif I'm sorry but all I'm imagining is a lady doing push ups and a dog looking at her strangely and then copying!!

Haha that's amazing. Hey whatever works for you :p!

Haha not quite pushups, more like yoga childs pose but without arms stretched out so much and head facing forward :p

childspose.jpg

would be great if I could get her to copy me with other stuff

:laugh: :laugh: Awesome.

Dogs are so amazing at times, my mums lab couldn't figure out Shy (paw over face) and in frustration I said "Look Rover, like this!" and rubbed my face. Next second he copies me and learnt it within 5 minutes! :eek:!

haha! That kind of reminds me when I first adopted Del, she was really slow learning drop. I mentioned this to her foster carer and she told me just to pat the floor. Sure enough, I patted the floor and... voila Del dropped like a pro :laugh: