Moved House - Peeing Inside - Please Help!

Hi everyone

I also posted in the puppy problem area so please bare with me - really need to try and sort this problem out.

My 13 month old Frenchie, Tank, has started peeing inside on carpet since we moved house last week. I'm kind of at my wits end with him and am starting to get more and more angry and frustrated with/at him. :(

Does anyone have any advice please re correcting this behaviour? He used to be really good inside. I was thinking crating him again at night, restricting him to the kitchen when not home (it's small though and he won't like being in there if we are home), leaving him on balcony, etc. (balcony is north facing so gets sun most of the day which isn't ideal for a Frenchie).

Also, what do I need to do to make sure the carpet isn't destroyed? I don't have any proper cleaning product yet so have just been trying to soak it all up with a towel and then water over the area. I don't really care how much a product costs - I just need to be able to get rid of any smells (thankfully not noticeable yet...).

Apartment is rented so REALLY need to sort this out...

Thanks for any advice!

Blot the urine out with paper towel - fold the towel into 3 or 4, place on stain and then step on it to absorb as much as you can. Then spray the area with neat white vinegar. Leave for a minute then use the paper towels again to soak the vinegar up.

I use dilute vinegar for a lot of cleaning and I know it works for urine BUT I prefer to use Urine Off. There are a few different brand out there but I think this is the best. Get a black light torch (Urine Off sell them), darken your house and the urine will fluoresce. Don't panic because other things fluoresce also but urine is an obvious pattern.

It's not unusual for toileting to regress upon moving house. It's difficult if you are out all day but I would confine him to a hard floor area - I hate the concept of puppy pee pads but maybe it could be an option. When you are home I'd be taking him outside much more regularly. I have an entire male Dally and the smells of previous dogs in the house we bought drove him insane (carpet was revolting) - I let him sniff like crazy, work himself into a lather and then sent him outside to mark his territory. Repeatedly. Until he realised he was still King of his castle. Never had a problem since - even with a bitch in season.