Psychic Dogs And Other Things I Learned

At an adoption event we had a mother and two young children who was determined to take home a dog that day. She hung around for hours trying to guilt us into changing our minds. The problem was the dog she wanted didn't like her or the kids, it was a known runner and not good with chooks. So what did she have at home to counteract that - yep, she had no fence on any side, no plan to get any fence and a pen full of chooks out the back! She just couldn't get that was a disaster waiting to happen coz she was just going to keep an active young dog inside and no the kids would never accidentally leave the doors open.

*sigh*

Right up there with the woman who phoned me about a boxer pup. When asked, she said she had no fences. When I asked her how she would contain the dog on her property, she answered that she would chain him up. I told her that she wouldn't be chaining him up, because she wouldn't be buying him.

I suppose she and all the people above, simply went off and lied to the next breeder/rescue they came across.

*sigh*

Right up there with the woman who phoned me about a boxer pup. When asked, she said she had no fences. When I asked her how she would contain the dog on her property, she answered that she would chain him up. I told her that she wouldn't be chaining him up, because she wouldn't be buying him.

I suppose she and all the people above, simply went off and lied to the next breeder/rescue they came across.

Which is exactly why good rescues organise a yard inspection before they adopt out.