Heartwarming Moments With Your Dog

silentchild

The first time we took Lucy to the beach she wasn't awfully fond of the water so Mr TC was holding her leash while I went for a bit of a paddle myself..

I decided I'd dive under the water and Lucy pulled the leash out of Mr T'S hands and came bounding in to 'save me' when I immeged laughing and smiling she realized I was fine and paddled back to shore.

It's hard to think of specific moments with my current bunch but reading these stories reminded me of a moment with my old Labrador, Holly, who is sadly no longer with us. We were at a pretty crowded part of the beach there were a number of dogs and owners. We were up on the sand bank and Holly was in the water. She came out the water and was looking for us. She was scanning the people and the moment she saw us it was like a light bulb switched on and she came bounding over. Just made me think about how our dogs 'recognise' us. A simple moment, but it makes me feel special to know that we are their 'people' :D

It's hard to think of specific moments with my current bunch but reading these stories reminded me of a moment with my old Labrador, Holly, who is sadly no longer with us. We were at a pretty crowded part of the beach there were a number of dogs and owners. We were up on the sand bank and Holly was in the water. She came out the water and was looking for us. She was scanning the people and the moment she saw us it was like a light bulb switched on and she came bounding over. Just made me think about how our dogs 'recognise' us. A simple moment, but it makes me feel special to know that we are their 'people' :D

Yes, this. When we're out in public, and I give the dogs to DH to hold, I watch them and they never take their eyes off me, or check up constantly where I am. Waking in the morning, you'd think we'd been separated for days (and they sleep in our room) with cold noses and wagging tails. And seeing my crew at the park trotting around then suddenly looking for me. When they see me, the head comes up and they begin running, then the tail and head go down and they really take off.... It's very special being owned by a dog.

Brembo has always been MY dog, he chose me from the start and decided I was his human.

One of the moments that stands out to me is when I went O/S for 7 weeks. He stayed with my parents and was fine whilst I was gone. When I returned he didn't do his usual bouncy tail wag greeting - he just buried his head into me and let out a sigh. He then spent the next 24 hours glued to my side. It was like he needed to touch me to make sure I was really there.

what makes me smile, is to see our 2 doing zoomies around the back yard, both being 13 they do more sleeping than zooming, so when they take off together smiles from ear to ear, it makes me smile to see them still enjoying life despite being nearly blind and arthritic.