Reasonably-priced Rear Seat Cover

spikey

I have a knock off of the back seat buddy. It's been perfect. It's made from good sturdy material and is basically indestructible. I'm going to put it on Gumtree (I know, at my own risk) because I no longer use it.

Pity we're in different states.

Spikey what is your postcode? I'm happy to check if any of them are more local to you

Thanks for the offer Kelpiecuddles, I had a chance to check through the listings myself this afternoon so am in the process of sorting out how to rig up the sheet as a temporary measure and maybe that will do fine anyway for the moment.

I went to an equestrian rug repair place and got them to make me up a square of white ripstop canvas (won't get so hot in summer), and got d rings put on it to line up with the head rests to attach it with bits of rope. I think I'd just get some grommets if I got another one made up. It does the job really well tho. I got some holes put in it in line with where the seat belts go so I can attach the car harness too.

I usually put an old flanny sheet and a bath sheet towel on it as well - because the seat underneath is vinyl - just something a bit more comfy than plain canvas.

Cost about $60 ish but would depend on the current price of canvas and how willing the rug repair guy was.

Great idea! Will have to keep that one in mind.

Another idea is that you can get the plastic backed picnic rugs pretty cheaply at places like kmart, etc. Just use some heavy duty pins to pin some ribbon at the top to hold it around the headrests

Another good suggestion, but as the back seat area in the Statesman is so big (especially as neither hubby or I have very long legs, so the driver's seat is well forward), we'd need at least a couple (or three!) to cover the back/sides/front/floor of the whole area and might be a big tricky with gaps between the places where they're joined, in case she got her leg (or legs) caught (which knowing her, she would!), so probably better if I can use something that's all one piece if possible.

I have a knock off of the back seat buddy. It's been perfect. It's made from good sturdy material and is basically indestructible. I'm going to put it on Gumtree (I know, at my own risk) because I no longer use it.

Pity we're in different states.

It is a pity! Hopefully another DOLer over there might be keen to buy it.