Vets All Natural

caron

My little JRT has been on it about 9 months now, I mix it with human grade Roo.

His skin is much better, he lost the extra weight he needed to lose, muscle tone is better than ever (he will be 8 in Nov).

Happy VAN customer here.

Another happy VAN feeder here :) I feed the puppy version to Poppy mixed with mutton or 'kennel mince' (http://www.petsmeatsuppliers.com.au/products.php?id=22) and the adult version to the other two mixed with roo.

I also feed Big Dog BARF patties and separate bones - chicken wings and necks, roo tails and lamb flaps.

They are all doing great on it, can't vouch for soft long flowing coats :laugh: but their general health is great and good poop all round :)

Roo is recommended but you can use other meats if your dogs do better on them. The point of the dry mix is to be a bit of a filler, it will come out undigested in the poo (especially the whole oats) but that is the point - to mimic the indigestible parts of a diet and to help the dog not become constipated from lack of fiber. If you have a grainy slosh you're not adding enough meat to it as it shouldnt be like that.

Indecisive here. My dog doesn't really like it and will eat the bare minimum. She eats a tiny amount, but maintains her weight and her coat is shiny, eyes are clear, breath isn't smelly. VAN though smells kind of weird. It also seems to plug her poop up - the first poop is very hard, and the rest that follow are kind of soft, but non-offensive to me and easy to manage.

Have fed it to most of my foster dogs and they do well on it, but they don't love it.

I don't use the complete mix as we do our own home made raw feeding based on BARF. We do use the VAN health booster though, which seems to be giving very good results. I also thought it would work out to be expensive using the complete mix product, but I wanted to make sure we weren't accidentally depriving the dogs of any nutrients from feeding incorrectly.