Isabella

Just putting word out in case you hear of someone looking to adopt a rescue Tibbie. They don't come up in rescue often.

Denise at PAWS in Sydney presently has the lovely, sweet, no fuss Isabella for adoption. Labelled Tibbie X, but her face & colouring are the image of my p/b, Annie. Got the pointy paws, too. Description & contact details for enquiries:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/paws/FosterCare/FosterCareDenise.htm

Isabella's face is why a few of us are Tibbie Tragics. Click, enlarge:

post-3304-0-87426900-1411866975_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita

More info from PAWS. Isabella came from Hawkesbury Pound in not a good state... very underweight & frightened. But all is fine now, as she's been well cared for by a lovely PAWS' foster-carer with lots of experience. The pic shows the results... she's beautiful.

I just checked out Isabella's profile and had a chuckle about her digging her heels in when it comes to walks. Helen is exactly the same! Must be a tibbie thing. Very hard to convince a tibbie to do something when they have decided they are just not interested. They bring determination to another level! 7kg ball of fluff suddenly feels like 70 kg!

Hope she finds a home soon that understands her. It doesn't sound like she came from a very happy home previously.

It's impossible!! Called a tibbie tantrum in this house, very different to a normal tantrum as it's silent but there is no way to win.... Pretty sure Chewy clenches his jaw in defiance as well lol.

At training we were doing a 'catch it' trick.....Chewbacca was most offended at me throwing treats at his face and so sat there, not flinching, not even trying to get the treats lying around him, just being stubborn. The trainer was amazed haha!

My tiny Angel used to go on a sit down strike because she didn't like walking... & turned into a lump of cement. I tried walking her with her best friend, Brockie the tibbie next door, who loved walking. Even Brockie tried at first... when she sat, he'd go back & lick her face,'Come on, Angel!' But even he gave up ... we tried leaving her & walking ahead, but still no movement. When I'd go back for her, Brockie seemed to say, 'Just leave the blonde!'

I contacted the lovely folk at PAWS & said, refusing point blank to walk is not rare among tibbies. Isabella loves pottering around the house & garden so she'd get sufficient exercise.

Quite a bit of interest but not from Tibbie owners as yet., and some not suitable.

Isabella has a heart murmur that doesnt require treament as yet and a bit of arthritis,and has had cartrophen,It is because of her slightly bandy legs.

Sadly these are seen as a negative, and I have had elderly people whom I am sure have worse health issues than these,reject her, because of those two issues.

Some others believe they would get her to walk and have plans on doing virtual mini marathons, so I have told them she isnt for them.

Others want her as a cuddle bunny for their very young children,so not for them.

A couple of others had poor or no fencing and didnt want to repair.. so she's not for them

So she is still with us, and looking for the perfect Tibbie home.

Honeybun, although she isn't in a home it is wonderful to read your post. I also help out in rescue and always hear the 'too fussy' complaints but know that that's because the perfect home isn't there just yet. But when it does come around (and it does), it is just magic, for both the dog and new owner.

Thank you so much for helping her out <3

Quite a bit of interest but not from Tibbie owners as yet., and some not suitable.

Isabella has a heart murmur that doesnt require treament as yet and a bit of arthritis,and has had cartrophen,It is because of her slightly bandy legs.

Sadly these are seen as a negative, and I have had elderly people whom I am sure have worse health issues than these,reject her, because of those two issues.

Some others believe they would get her to walk and have plans on doing virtual mini marathons, so I have told them she isnt for them.

Others want her as a cuddle bunny for their very young children,so not for them.

A couple of others had poor or no fencing and didnt want to repair.. so she's not for them

So she is still with us, and looking for the perfect Tibbie home.

Thanks, honeybun. PAWS does a great job with matching, however long it takes. Isabella is a lucky girl to be with you.

We owned a p/b sheltie who had a heart murmur like that... she lived until she was 14 years old & it never affected her. The same sheltie also got cartrophen injections because of arthritis in her later years. Worked a treat.

isabella's made up her tibbie mind.... she's not a walker, but a very happy potterer! Perfect for someone who'd love a close companion dog ... which is exactly how tibbies lived in the buddhist monasteries of Tibet. She's being true to her breed!