some more

15386287861_1852aa5fb9_c.jpg

the youngest (12) and oldest (82) competing in the sheaf toss

15202785490_d5e5c74c65_c.jpg

15202715739_12756847d1_c.jpg

my son having a go at the shooting gallery

15202713289_35149ac043_c.jpg

these where taking with my phone but I also entered some photos in the show

I won best album photo overall (amongst some other firsts etc) and won a rosette and a printing voucher :D

15389399632_05b92176ed_c.jpg

15386788971_cb4036e98d_c.jpg

Leanne

Edited by Ozstar

Thank you both.

Yes there advertising is bad, only found the schedule for entering 2 days before entries closed :mad

but you really didn't miss much, we where only there for less than 2 hours and most of that was spent watch the shearing and show jumping as it only took 30 minutes to check out all the displays etc.

Callington show is coming up at the end of next month and that is much better to go to :D

Leanne

Congrats on the win, and even more so on having the get up and go to enter. Lovely jumping shots too.

I cry for what has happened to the ag shows, Gruflife I know what you are saying re advertising, same everywhere, the same few tireder people organising their shows every year, can't do everything, or afford much.

One of our local shows recently: no spectators, just competitors, unbelievable. No cattle or cakes or flowers or vegies shown, no-one to organise it. Just sad. And limited horse classes, no show-jumping. A poultry exhibitor said only 30 entries, used to be hundreds.

All people want if they are going as spectators is side-shows, but they're not the spectators needed anyway. And the bigger sideshows that would be a draw for a crowd at least - they want a guarantee of 2000 tickets sold or they won't attend. So it's great that some of the ag shows are hanging on and doing well, but so many of them are finding it difficult.

You know I was talking to my ex a few years ago about our local regions county ag shows. I live in Mannum and ours is abysmal. Then the town 25km up the road has one, and the town a few minutes up the road from them has one etc etc. They are all pretty piss poor these days. Times have changed. What I thought out loud was that local regions should pool their recources and have it in one town one year,the next town the other year and so on. That way their would be bigger entires and crowds at the one bigger show and the people who organize stuff could all work together on the annual regional show, whatever town it is held in.

They need to think outside the box or perish.