Candidate Grain Free

Hi

I've got a 6 mos old lab pup who I've had for 2 weeks now. He was being fed Optimum Adult by the breeder. All my previous dogs have been on Canidae grain free. I read briefly somewhere that pups shouldn't be on this due to its high protein content. I was planning on switching him over next week.

What do you think?

Canidae Grain Free Foundations is ideal for steady growth. If you look at their Facebook page (Canidae Australia) you'll see before and after shots of a Great Dane puppy that are very interesting.

High protein, by the way, is not unsuitable for puppies. In spite of a lot of misinformation and fears about protein making a dog grow too quickly, it won't. Too high a calorie intake is more likely to do that, but protein is not the bad guy that it is sometimes made out to be.

Suggest speak to Canidae Australia if you have any concerns - you'll find them most approachable.

Sags

:)

Hi

I've got a 6 mos old lab pup who I've had for 2 weeks now. He was being fed Optimum Adult by the breeder. All my previous dogs have been on Canidae grain free. I read briefly somewhere that pups shouldn't be on this due to its high protein content. I was planning on switching him over next week.

What do you think?

Hi

What do you think?

Welcome to the forum :)

If you switch the puppy over, I do suggest you do the change gradually to prevent tummy upsets and poops.

I hope you can post a photo of your new pup!

What is his name?

:)

Thank you all. I'l be starting him gradually on the Canidae - he seems to have a typically cast iron lab tummy but from experience, labs can have skin itches so best to be careful.

Thanks for making me feel welcome. He's just had the snip a week ago - I wish I'd waited and poked around these forums a bit more. I'm thinking 6 months was too young but I went by what I did in the Olden days LOL.

I'll work out how to post a pic soon.