Rottweiler Breeder Recommendations

Kamui

It is also a very good idea to ensure you purchase from a breeder that is not only a member of their state CC but also a member of at least one of the state Rottweiler clubs. This will mean that the breeder is bound by the more stringent ethics imposed on them by the state breeds clubs rather than just the fairly lax COE of the state CCs.

I totally understand you not wishing to buy a puppy on breeders terms, I would be the same.

That said, there are plenty of puppy buyers that are more than happy to have a puppy on terms. There are many reasons why owners might go for this option, but it doesn't suit everyone. So at the end of the day it is between the breeder and new owner to decide whether or not they are right for each other and the contract/terms is suitable.

I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with breeders selling puppies on terms provided the owner is fully aware of the terms and happy with the arrangement. It means the dog gets an opportunity at living perhaps a more rounded, fulfilled life in a pet home when the breeder may already have their house and hands full. Better than breeder hoarding.

As long as the puppy person is not being "stitched up" then I see no problem. And even then, it is up to the puppy person to go in with their eyes wide open.