Death Row Dog's Case To Be Heard In High Court

samoyedman

Supreme Court sides with Izzy, Knox council up for $400k in legal bills.

IZZY WINS HIGH COURT APPEAL

It's not over yet, I'm watching it now on the news and the Knox City Mayor is saying they will fight it and the dog will not yet be released and they are determined it won't be. Interestingly the lawyer for the owner said "just give the dog back, her owner clearly loves her" well maybe she could try and clear up that skin condition for starters oh and not let the dog attack other dogs?? That'd be handy O.o

I think (as I said before) that the injury that occurred to the person needs to be considered in the context of how it actually happened, rather than judging the severity of the dog's behaviour by the size of the wound, if that makes sense?

Obviously, if nothing else, the dog in question is dog aggressive. And obviously, if nothing else, the owner of the dog is irresponsible. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that returning DA dog to idiot owner brings with it a VERY high risk of a repeat performance.

I think it's kind of sad and ironic that so much effort and so many resources are being put into saving this DA staffy while heaps of perfectly sweet, rehomeable staffies are dying in pounds because of a lack of resources.

I think (as I said before) that the injury that occurred to the person needs to be considered in the context of how it actually happened, rather than judging the severity of the dog's behaviour by the size of the wound, if that makes sense?

Obviously, if nothing else, the dog in question is dog aggressive. And obviously, if nothing else, the owner of the dog is irresponsible. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that returning DA dog to idiot owner brings with it a VERY high risk of a repeat performance.

I think it's kind of sad and ironic that so much effort and so many resources are being put into saving this DA staffy while heaps of perfectly sweet, rehomeable staffies are dying in pounds because of a lack of resources.

This

and this is the very reason that other dogs owners walk in fear if they do so at all.

Too many idiots with dogs they cannot or refuse to control.

The attack on my race dog effectively ended his career. The time before that one of my dogs was attacked and she was pregnant. The one before that one of my SBT's decided to fight back and I was injured breaking it up, I should have just let my dog finish the other one off.

I have no sympathy for idiot owners and their roaming dogs and can certainly see why a council would pursue this one to the end.

post-4363-0-99361100-1434005225_thumb.jpg

Edited by WreckitWhippet