Do You Have A Dog Emergency Kit?

Two Best Dogs!

I'm trying to set one up, in case of flood, fire and anything where we can't go straight to the vet. I've got one for me and one for the rabbits, but none for dog yet. Hoping I can grab some ideas?

I saw the pet store sells basic first aid kits but it was just bandages and the like, which I've already got for our camping trips.

There's a spare collar and spare lead and I'll get a muzzle cause I'm assuming if there is a disaster - better safe than sorry if the dog is scared or hurt.

Then I'm drawing a blank on what else might be needed?

I'll probably store it in the car or near the door.

Maybe a towel?

Thanks!

Not sure if you mean a first aid kit, or more of an escape kit.

I made one of the latter when we almost flooded, but have since unpacked it :)

In it i had:

First aid kit which was quite well stocked!, bowls, food for a few days, water, leash and collar, a blanket, photocopies of vaccs, registrations etc.

There must have been more because it filled up a large container, but thats all i can remember right now..

In the first aid kit, something useful to have is puppy pee pads. Super absorbent, can be used for a variety of reasons in a pinch :) on, or under an injured animal.

Vetwrap, thermometre, the usual bandages, saline solution, tweezers, an antihistamine, instant cold and heat packs etc.

I've had to evacuate 3 times due to floods and once due to fire risk.

In my dog kit: crates (everything packed into one crate, for quick exit!), collars /harness/ leads, bowls (collapsible camping style ones), food (k9 natural freeze dried - long use by date and lightweight), towels, pee pads, paper towel, small spray bottle of Urine-off, food dispensing toy balls, frontline spray.

I've also taken my baby gates with me, which were very useful for keeping the dogs contained while staying at a friends house.

Paperwork etc is on a usb in my human emergency kit, which I keep at someone else's house, 40km away.

Yeah I seem to have to evacuate for natural disasters about every 3 years? So thinking I am overdue for one XD the rabbits are easy enough to do but I'm thinking the dog requires a bit more prep...

Thank you for these. I'll see about this dried food, as usual food is kinda heavy...

• 2 weeks later...