Bridge Words Suggestions

Nushie

Hi all,

We have just started training with a bridge word. I have been using "Yes" with Jager but I cant find anything that feels right for Brandy. I want a different word for each as I have found it confusing when walking, my partner is trying to train Brandy to walk on a loose lead and has started using Yes but when he says it, Jager looks to him as if waiting for a treat. So I want to stop that.

Can you throw some suggestions for what else I can use? I don't like Good as I use that quite a lot and don't want to confuse them. Perfect doesn't feel right. Just want something that always sounds enthusiastic.

I know it can be anything, I am happy to use whatever feels right. But I am drawing a blank.

I've been known to use - besides "yes"

good,

chicken,

cheese,

treat

yup

noice

"I'll pay that"

bonus

brilliant

"what a clever dog"

sweet

"I like that"

cookie

And for when she hasn't quite got it...

"nearly"

"keep trying"

"try again"

And for when she's going the wrong way...

"oops"

"nope"

"nup"

"no treat for that" (which might be confusing but she's a mind reader)

"no way"

"don't even think about it"

I use "nearly" if they have almost got it and need to keep trying, "what can you do/whoops" if they are going the wrong way and "yes" for the reward marker.

Alternative reward markers could be anything! they dont speak english, so it could really be anything biggrin.gif Shrimp? laugh.gif

Fab, mhm, got it, great, ok, magic, apple- anything short and easy to say that you wont forget!

Edited by denali