Help I Am New And Not Sure Where To Buy A Pomeranian

miss_blue99

Wow ok thanks everyone for the input... Im sure i am not the only one who works 5 days a week during business hours! Surely there are ppl out there that work and have pets...

I have done some more research and discovered that you can keep a puppy in a play pen with their crate and pee pad as well as water etc while i am not home so they cant cause destruction outside of their designated area.

i have also had contact with a breeder regarding a chi and i explained that i wont be around during the days because of work and she said that most chis will be fine while i am out and will show alot of affection once i come home in the afternoon.

Apparently this last Chi (male is very calm and happy and can happily entertain himself), might check him out over the coming weekend and see for myself if he would make a good fit for my lifestyle

You are correct- many people on this forum work, however will spend much of their time outside of work with their dog, take them out, provide mental stimulation, spend weekends with them. You can't just come home from work and relax, or do other things alone- you will need to get the dog out and about to provide it with a bit of something new, then play with it, groom it etc. Especially if it has been penned all day- it will be right at your feet wanting attention! Especially toy breeds- who were bred to be companions first and foremost :)

That is the main thing i, as someone who work a few days a week- morning till evening, would tell you. There is no such thing as just coming home to put your feet up! The dogs rely on you to keep them happy, fit and entertained :) And not being able to provide that walk or something extra after you get home i would again be one of those who suggest a cat would be better suited.

The days i work my dogs are walked before i leave, then again when i get home in the evening. They are also left with food toys, a variety of toys that get switched around, and each other (i have 3). Even then they at times can get up to mischief!

re. registered breeders. I assume you have found dogzonline.com.au- given you are on the forum, but a registered breeder will be a member of a canine control council- be it NSW, QLD etc.

And you may also wish to contact these guys for help if this boy doesn't work out :) :

http://pomclubnsw.org/index.php/news/

or

http://www.chihuahuaclubofnsw.com