Ankc Drafting

Hi all. So I am super excited about Drafting becoming an ANKC recognised sport and the rules look great.

I am however having difficulty finding anyone that knows anything about it and don't know where to turn to learn more and find out additional info.

I don't know what carts most will use (there seems to be quite a range accepted) and are these currently available anywhere locally or will someone go into making them. I am assuming there will be more demand for locally made carts than there has been up until now. And AFAIK all carts have been imported or hand made.

I don't want to rush out and buy equipment and find out that there is something more appropriate, more user friendly or better available.

Does anyone have any info at all?

Are any of the affiliates holding trials this year or are we still a good year or so off getting that up and running?

TIA :D

Edited by Starkehre

Hi all. So I am super excited about Drafting becoming an ANKC recognised sport and the rules look great.

I am however having difficulty finding anyone that knows anything about it and don't know where to turn to learn more and find out additional info.

I don't know what carts most will use (there seems to be quite a range accepted) and are these currently available anywhere locally or will someone go into making them. I am assuming there will be more demand for locally made carts than there has been up until now. And AFAIK all carts have been imported or hand made.

I don't want to rush out and buy equipment and find out that there is something more appropriate, more user friendly or better available.

Are any of the affiliates holding trials this year or are we still a good year or so off getting that up and running?

Amstaff Club have 22 May for event, suggest you keep an eye on DV calendar in members section, public calendar is often way out of date..............though why we have to log on to look at a calendar is beyond me.......secret members business???

Edited - check www.vicdog.com for schedule/s

Edited by dragonwoman

Amstaff Club have 22 May for event, suggest you keep an eye on DV calendar in members section, public calendar is often way out of date..............though why we have to log on to look at a calendar is beyond me.......secret members business???

Edited - check www.vicdog.com for schedule/s

Thanks dragonwoman. I do love checking the vicdog schedules page everyday LOL. One of my favs :thumbsup:

I already have the ASCV WP trial schedule printed off and in my diary :) My bitch has been in training in wp for almost 12 months, but doubt she will be ready for this trial as she will have 10 week old puppies. Maybe June/July will be her month

Drafting is an entirely different discipline http://ankc.org.au/media/4415/drafting_2016.pdf

Edited by Starkehre

Thanks dragonwoman. I do love checking the vicdog schedules page everyday LOL. One of my favs :thumbsup:

I already have the ASCV WP trial schedule printed off and in my diary :) My bitch has been in training in wp for almost 12 months, but doubt she will be ready for this trial as she will have 10 week old puppies. Maybe June/July will be her month

Drafting is an entirely different discipline http://ankc.org.au/media/4415/drafting_2016.pdf

I should have read a bit more thoroughly! Suppose it is like any new sport, needs enthusiasts to push it and an affiliate to provide the umbrella and support for a fixture............

Yeh exactly, right?! But drafting would never have been pushed through if someone hadn't been behind it... a kennel club, a breed club or a training club must have been keen for drafting to have got behind it becoming ANKC recognised. I was hoping someone her might know is all :)

I'll call DV tomorrow and see if they can shed some light. :)

Thanks again for responding :thanks: