Yappy Hour

Starkehre

His lovely boy Mav who i adored , was full on, but smaller.He could walk for miles really fast and interested in everything around him.( He was a pound dog )

His old girl is still going strong, but although huge much calmer than Mav was.She has a tail which i think makes her look even longer :laugh:

Perhaps we should both have one of each! i reckon they would fit pretty well as breeds, do you?

Are rotties as pushy and dominant as bullies?

Totally agree, the tails can make them appear longer, particularly if the eye has been accustomed to seeing them docked.

Yeh, they would absolutely suit one another as compatible breeds. That said Rottis get along with any breed. It is super common for Rotti folk to have a second breed (nana breed) which is usually the Pug or French Bulldog.

I have owned several bull breeds and quite a few Rottis. No, their play style and general demeanour is totally different. They are not as pushy and rough. They generally don't have the same sense of humour either, so some of them do. Being a guardian breed they take life pretty seriously, and though they certainly know how to have fun, they are not what I would consider a clown breed like bull breeds can be.

Their emotional connection with their owner tends to be more passionate and intense. They are far easier to train than BTs as they love to work and thrive on having a job to do and pleasing their owner.

Bitches take life a little more seriously. They are better workers, more protective and loyal. The males are goofier and have a little more fun, but unless bred and raised right, they can sometimes be belligerent towards other dogs.

They sound pretty rounded!

Funnily, Reddog also used to have a little fluffy that his girl adored.

Bullys play style is hard to match, the only other playmate i have found that can cope with them and not get overstimulated like another bull breed is labs, both goofy and want to box and wrestle :laugh:

I do prefer boy dogs in general, i find them a bit softer and sookier, its just i have always had another male here when i have lost a bully, so had to go girl again this time.

If i had known about your litter i may have held fire and begged for one! always next time i have a free spot. :D

Yeh and they do vary considerable between lines, like most breeds I guess.

The dogs we have and will always aim to breed will be medium drive, good work ethic, confident, thinking dogs. They will not be quick to react and they will tolerate a lot. They will be very well rounded in temperament, very adaptable, no anxiety, stress or otherwise. Great off switch, affectionate and loads of fun. :)

I really do love the breed. There is almost nothing the Rottweiler cannot do, super versatile. :D

If you ever decide to cross over to the dark side :) ... let me know and I can suggest some reputable breeders in your area that are due to breed when you are ready :)

Edited by Starkehre

1458834554[/url]' post='6798840']

Totally agree, the tails can make them appear longer, particularly if the eye has been accustomed to seeing them docked.

Yeh, they would absolutely suit one another as compatible breeds. That said Rottis get along with any breed. It is super common for Rotti folk to have a second breed (nana breed) which is usually the Pug or French Bulldog.

I have owned several bull breeds and quite a few Rottis. No, their play style and general demeanour is totally different. They are not as pushy and rough. They generally don't have the same sense of humour either, so some of them do. Being a guardian breed they take life pretty seriously, and though they certainly know how to have fun, they are not what I would consider a clown breed like bull breeds can be.

Their emotional connection with their owner tends to be more passionate and intense. They are far easier to train than BTs as they love to work and thrive on having a job to do and pleasing their owner.

Bitches take life a little more seriously. They are better workers, more protective and loyal. The males are goofier and have a little more fun, but unless bred and raised right, they can sometimes be belligerent towards other dogs.

I know quite a few people who have both Cavaliers and Rottweilers, not a mix you'd thi of, but it seems to work!

My friend has one, he'd be around 2 now, he is such a goofball. Thinks he's a lapdog..

Me too denali... know of Cav and Rotti homes. :) Another popular mix for sure

I find Rottis cohabitate with any breed really well, size isn't important. They are really troublesome with canine family members. And the odd one or two that are, it can almost always be put down to owner error or lack of leadership. They are definitely a strong willed dog who thrives on firm boundaries and assertive leadership.