Loss of hair on ears

Delta1169

Hi. My Miniature Pinscher  is loosing hair from her ears & there is a small patch starting to appear on her tail, The hair appears to be to be thinning on her chest as well. we have have taken her to two vets but none of the medications have worked, we have been using PMP ear suspension for Dogs & cats & had her on Ketoconazole 100mg for a seven day trial but took her of that because the side effects aren't good. . She picked up ringworm from puppy school which we have under control now, but the ears are a problem for us as we don't want her to end up with very tatty ears. I understand that skin problems go along with Min pins but this one has gone on for to long, The vet took a scraping from her ears & said it was not any little parasites on her ears. We have been putting coconut oil on her ears because her ears get flaking skin on them.  She is a beautiful little dog very intelligent & has learn't to say hello. yum yum. after she has eaten things she likes & I love you, which she uses all the time to try and get little bits of food & to get her own way with us to get us to cooperate with her ball chasing & other games she likes to play. Has anyone out there had any experience with min pins or any other dog breed with this sort of a problem. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

DSCF7595 (Small).JPG

DSCF7594 (Small).JPG

If the vet is correct and there are no demodex mites, then it may be a food allergy showing up as a skin complaint.

There are many links on this forum to diets and their affect on the skin - have a search. Have you discussed the problem with her breeder?

thanks for your reply. our Min pin eats mainly chicken & veg & kangaroo dry food. So we will change her diet as it seems chicken is a bit of an issue with a lot of dogs, We took her of rice because the vet said it could be the cause. I will keep you informed as to how we get on with a diet change & hope that is what is causing the skin issue, it will be great if that fixes the skin problems.    

• Like 1