LOOKING FOR A MEDIUM-LARGE BREED FAMILY DOG

My daughter, her husband and their 3 children would like to adopt a rescue dog and as we don't generally rescue larger breeds I was hoping that someone here could recommend a suitable dog for them.    The children are a boy who is 3 and two girls, one is 6 and the other 9 years.  They live on the Northern Beaches and are very close to Bayview dog beach,  large off leash parks and there are many great places to walk the dog.  My daughter is prepared to walk the dog everyday,  she will take it to and from school when she picks up and drops off, and it will basically spend all of its time with the family in the car or at home,  my daughter does not go out to work.   The family have two cats who are not dog savvy but they have plenty of places to go in the house to get away from a dog and I am sure they will adjust.   The dog must not be a cat chaser.

They would like a large breed dog male or female up to 5 years of age (no puppies) who is calm and well behaved.  The dog must be brilliant with children (no jumping/mouthing etc) the dog must be perfect with other dogs as they will socialize it on a daily basis.   The dog can't have any separation anxiety or be a barker.

Their home is large and they have a very big deck that is the length of their house and very wide,  the deck has a gate that closes automatically.  It is on the first floor of the house not at ground level so the dog wouldn't be able to jump off  the deck at all.

I know its a big ask but it is important that they get the right dog or it is not going to work.  

They are a lovely family who adore their animals and will give the right dog a wonderful home.    If anyone can suggest a suitable dog please email me on [email protected]

Thank you

Denise at Paws.

www.deniseatpaws.com.au