Manners Minder / Treat and Train down stay problems

Hi all,

My manners minder's down stay function has been randomly turning off. I checked the battery and it going strong.

I've got it set for 15 second increments (as i thought maybe it was toggling itself off into sleep mode), but it will still randomly turn off from down stay to the usual standby.

I even thought maybe I wasn't pressing the downstay button so I been watching it and it definitely turned off and I had the button sitting on the table so I didn't accidentally press it!

Any solutions? I scoured the manual and google but haven't found any similar issues. Not sure how good warranty is for an imported item. Had it about 8 months now.

From a PDF on it

I put the Treat&Train in DOWN-STAY mode and it shuts off after one minute. Why? You must set the FIXED-VARIABLE switch to VARIABLE if you want the machine to dispense until it’s empty. When the FIXED-VARIABLE switch is set to FIXED, treats will dispense at the TREAT RATE determined by the TREAT RATE dial, but only for one minute.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kajirin said:

From a PDF on it

I put the Treat&Train in DOWN-STAY mode and it shuts off after one minute. Why? You must set the FIXED-VARIABLE switch to VARIABLE if you want the machine to dispense until it’s empty. When the FIXED-VARIABLE switch is set to FIXED, treats will dispense at the TREAT RATE determined by the TREAT RATE dial, but only for one minute.

That did the trick!

• Like 2