Dog (Swim) Booties

Psycho-Magnet

Can anyone recommend (LARGE) booties for my Flatcoat.  She loves to swim, but the paving around our pool keeps grinding the ends off her claws. 
Especially on the back feet.

I thought this might correct, with trimming, but the claws are now extremely short, and still the ends get ground off and expose the core.

EDIT>  Sorry if I wasn't clear, she grinds the ends off and exposes the pulp.  And if I don't immediately call a stop, then next step they start bleeding.

Also, whilst the faux-limestone paving around the pool is the worst, the other paving is only a little better.

Edited by FCR4

With boots on, swimming will be made difficult as she won't have the flexibility to extend her toes and use the webbing between the toes that is essential in swimming! She may have trouble staying afloat :(:(
You have the problem that m,any of us WISH we had - short nails! Unless they are bleeding and painful, don't worry. if they are bleeding and painful - restrict her access to the pool area ....

• Like 1

On 21/02/2022 at 4:35 PM, persephone said:

With boots on, swimming will be made difficult as she won't have the flexibility to extend her toes and use the webbing between the toes that is essential in swimming! She may have trouble staying afloat :(:(
You have the problem that m,any of us WISH we had - short nails! Unless they are bleeding and painful, don't worry. if they are bleeding and painful - restrict her access to the pool area ....

Hmm, no.
It's her back feet that are the problem, and FCRs mostly use their front.  Besides, booties are generally wider than the natural paw anyway.  Problem is finding ones that fit.

As for the rest of your comments, :confused:, obviously I wouldn't have posted if it wasn't a problem.

and obviously access is restricted.  It's not only the law, but pools can be dangerous for dogs too.