7 month old German shepherd having diarrea

Nesa

My GSD has been having diarrea for a week. I first noticed it when I put him in his crate. I came to take him out and he had done about 4 very watery diarrea in there which is very unlike him. He always holds it when his in there. From there I stopped putting him in his crate and I noticed he still had diarrea but not as watery. Each diarrea had mucus in it. A greyish colour mucus. No signs of worms. He only eats Purina large breed puppy food and his poop was normal when he started it. I then fed him chicken n rice and his first poop hardened a little, then I fed him it again with a little bit of his dry food and it wasn’t as hard , more soft. What could this be? Could it be his food? He was never a fan over his dry food. 

Vet time :) it's probably a tummy bug.

Easily fixed with a prescription.

Don't leave it too long though, it's easy to get dehydrated which makes them feel worse. The chicken&rice thing can help an upset tummy but not clear up bugs (as you have discovered).

You can take a poo sample for testing as well just in case.

Worms aren't always visible but vets often give you a Drontal Allwormer for when things have settled. And keep him away from the park while unwell.

:flower:

• Like 3