Dog Wheelchair

Caesar Tromp

Hi all, I have had a dog wheelchair donated back to my centre as unfortunately the dog who used it has now passed away. The very generous previous owner was hoping to donate it to someone in need of one, who are not in the financial position to purchase one, so their dog can have quality of life, just as her dog did with the wheelchair. I have contacted the RSPCA in Victoria and they don't want it, so I thought maybe I might find a worthy recipient on here! It is suited to a large breed like a Samoyed or Labrador or similar. The wheelchair doesn't need to be used for a dog that can't walk. It can also be used for a dog that has very bad arthritis or hip dysplasia who is having trouble just getting around. If you know anyone that may need one please email me (Jo) on [email protected]. Please also leave your contact number so I can give you a call after I have finished for the day at the centre. :confused:

• Like 2

Very sad for the owners but what a beautiful gesture on their part!

Jo, is the pic I have added the type of wheelchair you are talking about? And is it presently in Victoria? I am an Assistant Fundraiser with Craft for Paws Fundraising Inc. We are a fairly large Australia wide rescue support organisation (also linked in with another similar group) and there could be an animal in rescue who could benefit from it for a dog in forever care due to their mobility limitations or age. Or if it was a doggo up for adoption of course the equipment would go with the dog. Would you like me to put a post up and see what comes of it? Happy to wait if you'd prefer to see what comes from your post here first.

I know we have a DOLer who runs a seniors rescue group but I think hers are all littlies. Another Vic based place you could approach is Life of Pikelet. They take on a lot of health compromised animals and would know others doing the same.

Screenshot (867).png

• Like 3